It’s finally summer. Temperatures are rising, vacations are booked, and it seems like there is a barbecue to attend every weekend. BBQs are a great opportunity to gather with friends and family and celebrate the season, so why not raise everyone’s spirits with a decadent cannabis-infused dish? Below we have collected some of the best cannabis recipes from across the web that would be perfect for your next adults-only backyard BBQ.
Cannabis BBQ Sauce (adapted from Zamnesia)
What’s a barbecue without barbecue sauce? This sauce makes the first addition to chicken breast, ribs, even tofu! You can marinate pretty much anything in this sauce, though we recommend keeping it on the side and letting everyone choose the amount they prefer for the sake of safe dosing. Most people will be feeling great after two tablespoons.
Note: You need a crock pot for this recipe.
- 10 g of cannabis, finely ground (pro tip: use trim rather than bud to make use of the entire cannabis plant)
- ⅓ cup of vegetable oil
- ¾ cup of tomato paste
- ½ cup of mango juice
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps of brown sugar
- 1 tbsps of Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsps of honey
- 1 tbsps of soy sauce
- ½ tbsps of chili powder
- ½ tsp of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsps of lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put cannabis, a splash of water, vegetable oil, onions, and lime juice in the crockpot.
- Cook on a low setting for two hours, stirring occasionally. Avoid boiling.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Raise to a medium setting, allowing the mixture to simmer. This step decarboxylates the cannabis, activating the THC.
- Cook for another 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the sauce as reduced to your desired consistency, turn off the crockpot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve. A serving size is two tablespoons. This sauce will keep in the fridge for two weeks.
Cannabis-Fused Macaroni and Cheese (adapted from The Cannabist)
Macaroni and cheese is a real crowd pleaser, and this cannabis-infused version is bound to be a hit at the next BBQ. This version makes six servings, and it’s best for everyone to stick to one serving to start.
- ½ lb. of elbow macaroni
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 5 tbsps of cannabutter (you can find a recipe here)
- ½ cup of flour of your choice
- 3 cups of milk, warm
- 4 oz. of smoked mozzarella, grated
- 8 oz. of medium cheddar, grated
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of pepper
- 1.2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 4 oz. of sharp cheddar
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil (use cannabis oil if you have it)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water with oil and salt to a boil. Cook macaroni according to package instructions. Drain well.
- Melt the cannabutter in a small saucepan. Add flour and whisk constantly for five minutes. Add warm milk and cook until thick and smooth. Add cheese, salt, paprika, pepper, and nutmeg. Add macaroni and stir. Pour into an oven-safe dish.
- Combine the oil, breadcrumbs, and sharp cheddar in a small bowl. Sprinkle on top of macaroni and cheese. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the macaroni is brown on top.
Cannabis Potato Salad (adapted from Wikileaf)
Potato salad is a barbecue standard, and this recipe is bound to be a favorite among your guests. Plus this recipe is simple enough that you can keep recreating it all summer long with ease.
- 3 lbs. of red potatoes, cut into pieces
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup of cannabis-infused mayonnaise (recipe can be found here)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup of fresh dill, finely chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 1 tbsp of grainy brown mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water, emerging them about one inch. Bring to a boil and cook till tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Let sit until room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the ingredients except for the potatoes. Slowly add the potatoes, stirring as you go. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
Cannabis Peanut Butter Cookies
Every BBQ needs dessert! These delectable peanut butter cookies taste like Grandma baked them with one very special additional ingredient.
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 4 tbsps of cannabutter
- ½ cup of white sugar
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of flour
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F.
- Combine ingredients into a large bowl. Stir till smooth.
- Divide dough into small balls and place on a baking sheet. Press them down with a fork.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Allow them to cool for 15 minutes.
If you’re not much of a cook, that doesn’t mean you can’t share your bounty as a home grower. BBQs are the ideal setting for spreading the cannabis love. Consider bringing a host gift of flower in a mason jar or other airtight container, or bring some joints to offer the crowd. Regardless of how you choose to share, cannabis and BBQs are a natural pairing you’re bound to enjoy all summer long.